This week I've spent around $42.00 on groceries. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped. I did ok, but I ended up buying some fresh fruit that I wasn't planning on at Chief. Oh well, I guess it's still better than before. Now to get through the weekend, which can be my weakness. I tend to want to go to Meijer after I see the ad on Sunday. This week, I'm hoping to resist.
Here's what we're having for supper tonight:
Crockpot Chicken
By: a crockpot only cookbook I have- tweaked just a little
1 whole chicken, thawed
salt and pepper
1 c chicken broth or stock
spices (whatever you have. I think the recipe calls for 1 t of basil and oregano and poultry seasoning. I seriously use whatever is in the cupboard and sounds good)
Carrots-as desired
Onion-as desired
Potatoes- as desired
1. Place vegetables in bottom of crock pot. Add chicken broth
2. Place chicken on top of vegetables, sprinkle with spices
3. Cook on low in crockpot for 8-10 hours until done
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good Recipe; I will have to try. I like easy especially during the week.
ReplyDeleteI have a great one for you: This is for a big slow cooker.
2 big cans all white premium chicken (Swanson stuff)
2 cans navy beans (undrained)
2 cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 med onion chopped.
4 0z or more velveeta cheese
1 32 oz box chicken broth (I also used a small can; depends on how soupy you want it)
2-3 cups salsa (I used 1 pint home made)
Garlic if desired
Cook in slow cooker on high for 2-3 hours and then simmer, or cook on low for 4-6.
I am a dumper and this is super easy hardly any work except for cutting the onion. You could also add green chilis too.
It is YUMMO! Our EJ even ate it.